From: CA, United States
Genre: Country, Pop, Americana
S U S A N T O N E Y ● ABOUT THIS ARTIST ● SUMMARY
Genres: Country / Pop / Rock / Blues
Label: Strange Child Records; Publishing: Screaming Child Music (BMI).
Actress: Recording Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Musician, Producer, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian, Philanthropist.
● S U S A N T O N E Y Strange Child Records; Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI). www.susantoney.com
● S U S A N T O N E Y - Actress: Recording Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Musician, Producer.
● Acting, Film, Television, Theater, New Media, Video, Music Videos, Commercials, VO's (SAG-AFTRA, iActor).
●Represented by Kristine Wallis (818) 953-4848, The Wallis Agency; Commercial Representation by Blake Everett (818) 669-3649, The Wallis Agency.
● Business: CEO, Strange Child Records; Screaming Child Music (BMI). Independent Record Label & Publishing Company (Film, Television, Theater, New-Media, Video, Music Video, Commercials, VO's). Several of her songs are Main, End and Title Tracks, featured in Major and Independent Films and Television. Active Member of AIMP, LAWIM, BMI, NARAS, CMA and The Americana Music Association.
● Susan's new Country Single “The Trail Of Light and Dark” ©2013, was just released and is featured in the Noteworthy Releases, Country Music section on ITunes.
● Her music and acting are featured in her New New Country music video "The Trail Of Light And Dark", Directed by Davy Duhamel (Dark Knight, Superman). September, 25 2013. TBA release CMT,VH1, VIMEO, etc. ©2013 Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI); ©2013 Strange Child Records.
● Her soon to be released, new album, "Love Is The Cure - The Essential Collection" and New EP "Love Is The Cure - Special Edition EP", will be released 9/26/13 and will be available on iTunes, digital partners and physical, worldwide distribution.
●Susan's new album "Love Is The Cure-The Essential Collection" and new EP "Love Is The Cure-Special edition EP" were Produced, engineered and mixed at Crescent Heights Digital, in Los Angeles, CA, Blue Rhode Studios in North Hollywood, CA and Ocean Way Recording Studios in Nashville, TN by Grammy award winning, multi-platinum producer David Z (Prince, John Mayall, Johnny Lang, Etta James, Eric Clapton, Tab Benoit, etc.) is destined to be a Grammy award winning, multi-platinum hit. Susan Toney’s incredibly intimate, smooth, southern, touch of California lead vocals, performance, guitar and world class hit songwriting are joined with artist, writer, piano virtuoso, Jane Getz (piano, keyboards, piano & string arrangements), country greats Mike Rojas (piano, B3 organ, keyboards), Jack Holder (acoustic, electric guitar), Pat Buchanan (acoustic, electric guitar), Bob Britt (acoustic, electric guitar), Bob Tucker (acoustic rhythm, electric guitar), Jay Dee Manass (pedal Steel), Gabe Witcher (fiddle), Steve Mackey (bass), Lynn Williams (drums, percussion), Bekka Bramlett (background vocals) and Gospel music's, Grammy winners, The McCrary Sisters (background vocals). Add David Z’s timeless, flawless producing, mixing, engineering, production and mastering by the renowned, Grammy winning Ray Kennedy (Zen Masters) and Erick Labson (Universal Mastering Studios) and you have a hit.
●Susan’s “In Her World” ©2013 is the main, end and title track of the TCH Productions short film “She Smile Pretty”; where she plays a “Restaurant Patron.” (premier 11/6/10 "Los Angeles Women's Theatre Group, Desert Hot Springs, CA). ©2013 Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI); ©2013 Strange Child Records.
● Susan plays "Crystal", in Jean Colonomos play, "Crystal Gazing" (premier 11/6/10 "Los Angeles Women's Theatre Group, Desert Hot Springs, CA).
● Her music has appeared in major and independent films: Susan's "Just Don't Mention Love" is the featured Main, End and Title Track for the Miramax, IEG, Inc.'s film classic "Little City. © Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI); © Strange Child Records.
S U S A N T O N E Y ● BIO
● SUSAN TONEY is in her element with guitar in hand and audience before her. With a rare talent and diverse sound; drawing on country, pop, rock, americana, rhythm and blues and alternative, she captivates her listener with brilliant lyrics and unexpected melodic twists and turns. She takes you on a journey with disarming subtlety, as the intensity of a whisper, becomes an explosion. Solo or with her band, her music explodes with raw edge and intimacy. Her pure, passionate, voice compels attention.
● The band features Susan Toney on lead vocals and guitar along with veterans Jane Getz on piano and keyboards, Bob Tucker on electric guitar, Arno Lucas on drums, percussion and vocals (Al Jarreau, Jackson Browne, Don Henley, Ricki Lee Jones) and Chad Watson on bass (Janis Ian, David Arkenstone, Delaney Bramlett, Charlie Rich Jr. & Sr., Ronnie Milsap) and Sheri Pedigo on background vocals.
S U S A N T O N E Y - BIO:
•Celebrated as a poignant lyricist, accomplished musician and transcendent vocalist, American artist Susan Toney showcases a fusion of country, pop, rock, and rhythm and blues in her latest CD project entitled LOVE IS THE CURE-THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION. •Encompassing the influences of her heritage, Toney delivers a transparent, introspective collection of songs steeped in spirituality—revealing subtle revelations of faith, a renewed wisdom and confidence in her message and her craft—all mused by a new chance on life—a miracle. •Susan miraculously survived a rollover car crash in November 2003 and her survival was grave. But with a faithful heart, unbridled spirit, and a strength that rushed through her veins, she recognized the tragic accident as an ultimate part of God’s plan and a saving Grace. Susan found renewed faith, hope and determination to further pursue the very reason she is here—to use her voice to help others. •A scholar of the performing and creative arts, Susan Toney is a singer/songwriter, recording and performing artist, actor and book author who still has so much more to live for…so much more to say. •With renewed purpose and zeal powered by a deep love and trust in a greater power, Toney returned to the recording studio where she sought new inspiration by revisiting and addressing the past—her life’s journey of past loves and losses, triumphs and defeats—and welcoming the future with hope. •Hailing from Los Angeles, Toney ventured south toward Nashville, Tennessee to fulfill her creative vision to step far and beyond her own boundaries to explore the multitude of possibilities in a musical community where the imagination runs wild and musicianship bountiful. Music City afforded Susan Toney room to grow and a door wide open to blossoming, organic, creative expression. •Under the umbrella of her own label (Strange Child Records), Toney explores the freedom of drawing from multiple musical styles and lyrical expression without limits. With her best accessory in hand—her guitar, Toney captivates audiences with her compelling vocals, profound lyricism and melodious dynamism in every performance. Her music is palpable as it demonstrates the harmony of vast musical influences and the philosophy of love as the heartbeat to a life lived-well. •Toney is a well-rounded individual who has much to offer the masses with her creativity and artistry. She has a unique and distinct voice that will not only cause her to be remembered sonically, but for her ability to touch her audiences with contemplative and emotionally provoking storylines. •She pours her heart, soul and compassion into each and every breath to deliver pointed lyrics with spiritual conviction and feeling. With each and every live performance, she “moves” the hearts of fellow persons to go to a better space in peace and harmony. - Kat Atwood, Music City Media, Nashville, TN (8/2913)
● La Bella Strings, Taylor guitars and Guitar Centers Indy Artists, endorse Susan.
● SUSAN TONEY ● Strange Child Records ● Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI) ● www.susantoney.com
● Business, Label, Media, NPO Mgmt.:
John Bokowski, CEO Kings Road Group, Intl., Inc.
Angela Hawekotte, Esq., Pasadena, CA, Adams, Hawekotte & Hudson. (626) 586-8000