From: CA, United States
Genre: Pop, Country, Rock
S U S A N T O N E Y ● ABOUT THIS ARTIST ● SUMMARY
Genres: Pop / Country / Rock / Blues
Label: Strange Child Records / Publishing: Screaming Child Music (BMI)
Performer / Actress: Recording Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Musician, Producer, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian, Philanthropist.
S U S A N T O N E Y ● BIO
● SUSAN TONEY is in her element with guitar in hand and audience before her. With a rare talent and diverse sound; drawing on pop, country, rock, alternative and rhythm and blues, she captivates her listener with brilliant lyrics and unexpected melodic twists and turns. She takes you on a journey with disarming subtlety, as the intensity of a whisper, becomes an explosion. Solo or with her band, her music explodes with raw edge and intimacy. Her pure, passionate, voice compels attention. The band features Susan Toney on lead vocals, keyboard and guitar along with veterans Arno Lucas on percussion and vocals (Al Jarreau, Jackson Browne, Don Henley, Ricki Lee Jones) and Chad Watson on bass and vocals (Janis Ian, David Arkenstone, Delaney Bramlett, Charlie Rich Jr. & Sr., Ronnie Milsap).
● Susan's new Pop, Country CD “Love Is the Cure” ©2012, ℗&©2012, has been completed. Produced, engineered and mixed at Ocean Way Recording Studios in Nashville, TN by Grammy award winning, multi-platinum producer David Z (Prince, John Mayall, Johnny Lang, Etta James, Eric Clapton, Tab Benoit, etc.), “Love Is The Cure” is destined to be a Grammy award winning, multi-platinum album. Susan Toney’s incredibly intimate, smooth, southern, touch of California lead vocals, performance, guitar and world class hit songwriting are joined with artist, writer, piano virtuoso, Jane Getz (piano, keyboards, piano & string arrangements), country greats Mike Rojas (piano, B3 organ, keyboards), Jack Holder (acoustic, electric guitar), Pat Buchanan (acoustic, electric guitar), Bob Britt (acoustic, electric guitar), Steve Mackey (bass), Lynn Williams (drums, percussion), Bekka Bramlett (background vocals) and Gospel music's, The McCrary Sisters (background vocals). Add David Z’s timeless, flawless producing, mixing, engineering, production and mastering by the renowned Ray Kennedy and you have a hit. Her new album, "Love Is The Cure" is available now through CD Baby and Partners worldwide physical, retail and digital distribution deal (Apple iTunes. Spotify, Google Music Store, Tradebit, GreatIndieMusic, Amazon Mp3, MySpace Music, 24-7, IHeartRadio, Rumblefish, Emusic, Last.fm, Rhapsody, Verizon, Omniphone, Soundcloud, Media Net, Simfy, Deezer, Thumbplay, Napster, Rdio, Shockhound, Lala etc.).
● CD Baby signed Susan Toney to a worldwide physical and digital distribution deal for her album Strange Child ©2010, ℗&©2010, recorded with Michael Mancini, the Grammy award winning, multi-platinum producer, engineer, mixer (Whitney Houston, Billy Joel, Ray Charles, Toni Braxton, The Killers, etc.).
● Susan plays "Crystal", in Jean Colonomos play, "Crystal Gazing" (premier 11/6/10 "Los Angeles Women's Theatre Group, Desert Hot Springs,CA).
● Her music and acting are featured in her independent music video’s "The Trail Of Light And Dark", "Missing Me", "Love Is The Cure", "Midnight Rose" and soon to be released "Angelina." Susan’s music and acting will also be featured when Susan travels to Nashville and Atlanta, to film a major music video of her single, "The Trail Of Light And Dark", in the spring of 2013.
● Her music has appeared in major and independent films: The Miramax film “Little City”, features “Just Don’t Mention Love" ©2002, as the main and end title track. Susan’s “In Her World” ©2010 is the main, end and title track of the TCH Productions short film “She Smile Pretty” 2010; she plays a “Restaurant Patron.” “Hollywood”, “Midnight Rose”, “Until I Believe” and “Ransom” are featured in “The Making Of Strange Child” ©2013, when recording tracks and interaction between Susan, producer, arranger, musician’s and vocalists, become a compelling story an extraordinary score of the film. “Harmony & Melody” 2013, will feature "Missing Me”, "In Her World", "Down By The Water” and "I Will Deliver” ©2013 Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI). The film will be her film, acting debut in a romantic leading role. Lyonhart Films/Strange Child Records, Susan Toney, executive producer. Her music and acting will also appear in the upcoming TCH films "The Mens-A Club" 2013, where Susan has been cast in a "Featured Character Role" and "The Mermaid" 2013, where she has been cast in a "Featured Character Role."
● La Bella Strings, Taylor guitars and Guitar Centers Indy Artists, endorse Susan. Representation: Pasadena, CA - Angela Hawekotte, Esq. - Adams, Hawekotte & Hudson.
● SUSAN TONEY Strange Child Records; Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI). http://www.susantoney.com
● MORE ABOUT ● S U S A N T O N E Y
Performer / Actress: Recording Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Musician, Producer.
● "Love Is The Cure" CD ©2012, ℗ & © 2012 Strange Child Records. "Strange Child" CD ©2010; ℗ & © 2010 Strange Child Records. CD Baby & Partners Worldwide Retail, Physical, Digital Distribution. (Apple iTunes. Spotify, Google Music Store, Tradebit, GreatIndieMusic, Amazon Mp3, MySpace Music, 24-7, IHeartRadio, Rumblefish, Emusic, Last.fm, Rhapsody, Verizon, Omniphone, Soundcloud, Media Net, Simfy, Deezer, Thumbplay, Napster, Rdio, Shockhound, Lala, etc.).
● Acting, Music Videos, Film, Television, New Media, Commercials, Theater, VO's (SAG-AFTRA, iActor).
● Business: CEO & President, Strange Child Records; Screaming Child Music (BMI). Independent Record Label & Publishing Company (Music, Film, Television, New-Media, Commercials, Theatre, VO's); Susan's "Just Don't Mention Love" is the featured Main Title Track for the Miramax, IEG, Inc.'s film classic "Little City." Several of her songs are Main, End and Title Tracks featured in Major and Independent Films and Television. Active Member SAG-AFTRA, iActor, AIMP, BMI, LAWIM.
● SUSAN TONEY Strange Child Records; Susan Toney, Screaming Child Music (BMI).