From: United Kingdom
Genre: Classical, Jazz, CLAZZ
Evelina De Lain,virtuoso musician and composer.
Evelina is a unique and multi-faceted artist, effectively blending classical performance, contemporary classical composition and jazz interpretation into an innovative and compelling new style that belongs to the “ CLAZZ “ genre.
Gaining increased international recognition from colleagues and audiences alike, she merges skill, improvisation and technology through art and videography, creating an exclusive and sophisticated aural environment.
Evelina De Lain. Accomplishments.
• Recognized as a classical prodigy at 4 years old
• As a seven-year old began piano improvisation and started composing music in her signature style at age 14.
• Began teaching professionally at music school at age 14.
• Winner of the Frederic Chopin National competition at age 15.
• Youngest ballet accompanist ever to perform at the Opera and Ballet Theatre in the Ukraine at age 17.
• Began composing and performing jazz at 17.
• Won Second Place at the Ukrainian National Contemporary Music Competition at age18.
• Graduated with honours at Dnipropetrovsk College Music (Bmus).
• Graduated with distinction at Kiev National Conservatoire of Music (Mmus).
• Started touring internationally at age 20.
• Began residency in London in 2004.
• Released debut album of original contemporary classical music “The Girl with the Flaxen Hair. Continued...” in 2009.
• Accompanying sheet music book for “The Girl with the Flaxen Hair. Continued...” published in 2010.
• Released the piano cycle “12 Colourful Preludes” along with accompanying sheet music in 2010.
• Performed with Broadway stars Jeanne Lehman and Kissy Simmons in 2011.
• Completed newest album “Music of the Sea” in 2011.
• Performed live for many notable audience members, including His Royal Highness Prince Charles, Tony Bennett, Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Quincy Jones, “Earth, Wind and Fire” and others.