From: United Kingdom
Genre: Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative
Dead Cells are a 4 piece Rock/Alternative band from Aylesbury, Luton & Oxford.
Formed in late 2009, they're a band filled with groove laden riffs and big funky bass lines coupled with melodic well crafted vocals, influenced by modern bands such as AUDIOSLAVE and PEARL JAM to the mature standards of LED ZEPPELIN and BLACK SABBATH.
After only a handful of gigs the band received praise for their highly passionate, energetic shows and created a buzz from their 4 Track Demo EP, released April 2010.
July 2010 the band went into the studio to record their debut single: "Friday Feeling" along with B Side: "Running Man". It was released on CD & Download 29th November 2010.
2011 sees the band releasing their 2nd single: "Here Be Dragons" and building on the success of 2010 with more high profile shows, festival appearances and tours abroad.
• Having only been together a few months they reached the final of the MMG Bucks Battle of The Bands Competition finishing 3rd with a high proportion of votes from the Judges
• Received airplay of Friday Feeling and Running Man on over 30 Radio Stations worldwide including Total Biker FM, Tameside Radio and Radio Reverb in the UK.
• Supported Wired Desire and top tribute bands including Sack Sabbath.
• Appeared on PDM Music Promotion's Best of 2010 CD for live shows at the Hat Factory: Luton.
• "Makes you want to pout your lips, throw your crimped hair about and stamp your ankle boots." Becky Beynon-Lewis: Music Review Unsigned
• "Friday Feeling is tight, sways sexily along, professional and just so damn good to listen to." Keith: Bedford Alternative Music
• "Dead Cells are sure to cure your Classic Rock withdrawal symptoms with raw guitar talent, powerful vocals and clean rock." Abigail Suter: Get Ready To Rock
• "If you like good honest rock n roll, with a dirty sound, and great riffs and vocals, than give them a listen." Jon Seymour: Jono's Rock & Blues Weekly